Lent is about one month away.
Last year we launched The SportsLeader Stations of the Cross Workout and it exploded across the USA and Canada.
Every Lent the Church encourages us to pray the Stations of the Cross.
As a team or as an athlete, you are going to work out. Why not combine the two?
SportsLeader would like to introduce a way to integrate working out and praying the Stations.
14 exercises - 14 Stations of the Cross
Purpose: Help us grow closer to Christ by experiencing the fatigue, sweat, effort that our Lord suffered for us in his Passion and Death.
Hopefully this workout made prayer will enable us to relate to Jesus in an environment, the gym, that we are familiar with. The exercises can be modified to whatever your needs are. This can be done alone, in a small group or a large team.
1. Introduce with short talk about the workout and Lent
2. Invite a different athlete to read the Station and Reflection before each exercise
3. Do exercise and repeat 14 times.
4. Conclude with a talk about what Christ suffered for us because He loves us.
5. Then do a short video challenging 3 other schools to do the workout as well: For example: “We are the McNicholas High School football team and we just completed the SportsLeader Stations of the Cross Workout. We challenge Badin, Roger Bacon and Purcell Marian to do it as well every week this Lent.”
We've included videos, photos, testimonials, slides and all the resources necessary to get you started.
If you'd like more information or need some help, please email us